Where to Eat and Drink In Rittenhouse Square for all of Summer 2022!
Philly’s Rittenhouse Square is always a magnet for shopping, socializing, people watching, and amazing dining experiences! There is an astonishing amount of new and seasoned culinary talents that boast the highly desirable Philadelphia luxury apartments surrounding Rittenhouse Square. This summer of 2022, there are an endless amount of great restaurants to dine in, whether it be breakfast, brunch, dinner, or just for a drink!
Begin your morning sitting amongst the lovely gardens of Rittenhouse Square. There are an abundant number of options for coffee, breakfast, and brunch just steps away! Whether you like to dine in, opt to eat alfresco, or take a spot in the park, or it’s a win-win situation.
If you choose to take in Rittenhouse Square’s urban oasis and local artisans throughout the morning, do some shopping at Anthropologie, or choose to browse for books at Barnes and Nobles…you may opt for breakfast or brunch steps away. It is a beautiful place to meet up with friends and sit outdoors, and to show off your new finds. Perhaps, you now reside in one of our new Philadelphia luxury apartments or houses right on Rittenhouse Square! All scenarios considered, there are wonderful choices to be made…
Rittenhouse Square Breakfast or Brunch Options
• THE LOVE (130 S. 18th Street) is a beautiful, lively, hip dining experience to be had, with a seasonal and local menu crafted around contemporary American cuisine. Give yourself the gift of arriving hungry: steps away from Rittenhouse Square, alfresco or seated in its bi-level haven, be sure to devour the “Lovebird” fried chicken, “Sriracha Bacon Candy,” and the ”Southern Style Hush Puppies.”
• PARC (227 S. 18th Street) whisks its visitors to world renown Stephen Starr’s full-scale breathtaking Parisian Café: authentic Parisian interiors from various establishments abroad, floor to ceiling open windows, and bistro seating lining the streets. Here is your prime seat to Rittenhouse Square people watching…especially in the midday, amongst the hustle and bustle, with praised French classics. Locals do not leave and try their hardest not to pass by without purchasing the famous baguette of Parc Rittenhouse!
• K’FAR (110 S. 19th Street) is James Beard award-winner Michael Solomonov’s Israeli inspired bakery and café, offering grain bowls, traditional Yemenite Kubaneh breads and Jerusalem Bagel pressed sandwiches. It is a beautiful, pristine spot to check out and perk up on local Ox coffee or unwind with a cocktail…choose your vice!
And then there are those of us who enjoy our shuteye and venture out during the formal lunch hour. Or perhaps you choose to exercise through the morning: walk, run, or bike from Rittenhouse, pass the Riverwalk Luxury Apartments onto the Schuylkill River Trail and Schuylkill Banks Boardwalk (US Today’s #3 River Walk across the America). No need to fret for sleeping in — Rittenhouse Square hosts much to be desired for the traditional lunch hour to replenish your efforts, whether they be for exercising or for sleeping off last night’s disco moves.
Rittenhouse Square Lunch
• ROUGE (205 S 18TH Street) is a Rittenhouse Park-side eatery with all the views and a menu for the seafarer and the carnivore. The Rouge Burger is the way to go, and has been feasted upon and gossiped about since 1998 — need we say more?
• DIBRUNO BROTHER’S (1730 Chestnut Street) is the flagship location of its fellow shops — a European style market offering imported and local charcuterie, prepared foods, baked goods, wines, and beers, to name a few. Locals come here to find gourmet items to construct a picnic basket for sitting on the green and basking in the sun just around the corner, in Rittenhouse Square.
• BAR POULET (2005 Walnut Street) is another favorite of our residents at 10 Rittenhouse Square! This stylish gastropub hosts a beautiful French bar room with a menu to please all…but do not leave without trying the fried chicken. Enough said!
And of Course, Drinks
• TRIA CAFE RITTENHOUSE (123 S 18th Street) is known to be ”Philly‘s original casual wine bar since 2004.” Intimate, cozy, and complete with a comprehensive wine, beer and cheese selection, highly regarded salads, sandwiches and small plates to pair with your libation of choice. A staple in Rittenhouse.
• WILDER (2009 Samson Street) is an eclectic space with Persian rugs on the walls, chandeliers, leopard bar stools and sleek, blue valor booths. This new eye-candy is a short walk from Rittenhouse Square, and is a hip, trendy place to grab a drink in style.
• THE RANSTEAD ROOM (2013 Ranstead Street) is a hidden gem, a short walk from Rittenhouse Square and has been called Philadelphia’s ”best-kept nightlife secret.” Dark, atmospheric, sexy and a MUST for a guaranteed, thoughtful concoction by a seasoned bartender, aimed to please. A true hidden gem.
• THE LIBRARY ROOM (In Rittenhouse Square Hotel, 210 W Rittenhouse Square), offering house-infused liquors and an extensive wine list, is a hidden, extremely elegant gem that can easily be overlooked (it is tucked away in the beautiful Rittenhouse Square Hotel). Check the hours as it is open until 12:30 on Friday and Saturdays; until 11pm through the remainder of the week. This is sure to make an evening extremely extra special.
Rittenhouse Square Elegant Dinner Options
And without further ado, there is dinner. Dinner with friends. Dinner with family. Dinner with a colleague. Dinner with a loved one. Dinner with a blind date. Dinner with your Philly Realtor because you just cannot get enough. You name it, Rittenhouse Square embraces it — and these are not to be missed:
• HER PLACE SUPERCLUB (1740 Sansom Street) prizes being like ”showing up to your mom’s friend’s house and just eating whatever she makes.” It is one of Philly’s hottest new restaurants, is intimate, has a 6pm and 8:30 seating, and is prix fixed. The food is French, Italian, and Israeli inspired – make a reservation! One of the hottest tickets in town.
• THE BARCLAY PRIME (237 S 18th Street) is Stephen Starr’s dark, woody, handsome high-end boutique steakhouse. World-class cuisine is to be found here, contemporary, inviting atmosphere; it is an expensive evening to dine here, but you will never forget the steak or the truffle Mac and cheese.
• LACROIX RESTAURANT AT THE RITTENHOUSE (210 W Rittenhouse Square) overlooks the charm of Rittenhouse Square and is an upscale, elegant, French fine-dining experience. An eclectic menu offers what Esquire magazine has regarded as ”Restaurant of the Year.”
• FRIDAY SATURDAY SUNDAY (261 S 21st Street) offers a tasting menu, beautiful paintings, and old and new world charm in its 2-story intimate space. Upstairs is a smaller space that is designated for small plates and socializing, whereas the first floor is more reserved. The offerings are always creative, changing and highly regarded. This is a perfect date.
• SCARPETTA (210 W Rittenhouse Square) is part of the Rittenhouse Square Hotel and offers Italian bold dishes. Scarpetta is noted for the basil pasta sauce and homemade pasta, and even offers pasta making classes with wine pairings.
• VERNICK FOOD & DRINK (2031 Walnut Street) is James Beard Award-winning chef Greg Vernick’s restaurant. Renown food critic Craig Laban gives Vernick the highest four bells rating: ”In a city of dining riches, Vernick has has reinvented the new American restaurant.” Casual, but elegant, this is a date MUST!
Dessert On the Square
•VAN LEEUWEN ICE CREAM – Grab your ice cream dish or cone! With vegan options alike, some of the best ice cream is right here. Well-deserved!
Rittenhouse Square’s rich and abundant culinary and cocktail options reflect its everlasting charm. Maxwell Realty is proud to serve its residents and inquirers, and to highlight what our Philadelphia luxury apartments residents relish nearby. We delight in calling Rittenhouse Square home, and in sharing all of its treasures with locals, visitors, inquirers, and future homeowners alike. Now, you have a long bucket list – get to some stellar wining and dining! Reach out to us at Maxwell Realty with pictures and feedback — we would love to hear about your surely wonderful experiences! Bon appetit!
Are You Ready to Move To Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia?
Now that you’ve discovered some statistics and fun facts about the city of brotherly love, you may be ready to look further into our variety of real estate properties, or commercial properties for sale. Whether you are searching for a luxury condo for sale, charming Philadelphia homes for sale, or even apartments in Rittenhouse Square, the Philadelphia realtors at Maxwell Realty can get your started and answer all of your questions.
When you’re looking into Philadelphia apartments for rent or Philadelphia homes for sale, who you work with matters. Trust the most experienced luxury realtors in all of Philadelphia to help you find your new luxury home for sale. Our variety of listings are spread throughout the city, and include some of the most distinguished apartment and condo complexes; including Parc Rittenhouse, 10 Rittenhouse, The Barclay condominiums, The Dorchester, Riverwalk condominiums, 2110 Walnut luxury condos, and many more.
Contact a Philadelphia realtor today at (215) 546- 6000 or fill out a contact form to speak to a realtor Philadelphia today. Looking to rent instead? We have a variety of Philadelphia luxury condos, stunning Philadelphia houses for sale, and Philadelphia apartments for rent,