When you’re looking for a new home in Philadelphia, you’re going to be faced with several options. Should you live in the Northwest in Roxborough or Manayunk, where you’re closer to the Schuylkill? Or maybe live down South Philadelphia, known for its Italian and Irish roots? Although anywhere in Philadelphia is a great place to live, the best location to find a condo for sale would be Rittenhouse Square. But while the Square is considered one of the most desirable neighborhoods to rent or purchase a luxury condo or apartment in Philadelphia, you still need to decide which is the right luxury condo building for you.
Although all the luxury apartments for sale in Rittenhouse Square are fantastic to live in, you can’t go wrong with the Rittenhouse Hotel and Condominiums. Located at 210 W. Rittenhouse Square, the hotel is a staple of the Square. And even though it’s still a working hotel, the condos for sale in this building can still share the same experiences as a regular guest…and more!
If you’re interested in this property, your first call should be to Maxwell Realty. As the premier luxury realtors in Philadelphia, we have an impressive track record of over $3 billion in real estate sold in the city. With over 50 years of experience in the high-end real estate market, our realtors can find you the best condo at 10 Rittenhouse Square that will suit your needs. Whether you’re looking to downgrade from a home, moving to the city for work or school, or just want to live a more luxurious lifestyle, we can fit your needs.
The History of the Rittenhouse Hotel
Known as one of the best luxury hotels in Philadelphia, the property that the Rittenhouse Hotel sits on has a long and storied history. The property first held a mansion at the turn of the 20th century. It was owned by A.J. Cassatt, the president of the Pennsylvania Railroad, The Cassatt family sold the property to the Episcopal Church of Pennsylvania which made its headquarters onsite and established the Academy of Notre Dame, which included America’s most famous acting family, the Barrymores.
GET IN TOUCH WITH MAXWELL REALTY
The Rittenhouse Hotel building first came to life in the 1960s by architect Donald Reiff who angled the building just right so residents and guests can experience the beautiful views of the Square and the city. Construction began in the early 1970s and opened for guests in 1989. The building has gone through many modern renovations since then, many of the original design elements can still be reflected in the building.
Although it still is a working hotel, the Rittenhouse does offer condos for sale. All condos start on the 10th floor through the 33rd floor and there is a separate entrance for residents, adjacent to the hotel lobby.
Rittenhouse Hotel Condominiums Amenities
As you can imagine, living in a building that houses a hotel does have its perks as compared to other condominiums around the Square. These amenities include the following:
The Rittenhouse Spa & Club
The hotel features not only an impressive fitness center but there is also an indoor saltwater pool, steam room, and sauna that all residents can take advantage of. After a quick workout, take a trip to the spa for a full massage or skincare routine. Truly an oasis in the middle of the city.
And don’t forget your hair! The Rittenhouse Hotel also features Hair by Paul Labrecque, featuring a team of stylists, estheticians, and makeup artists that are ready to either freshen up your current look or give you something a little more daring!
Restaurants and Bars
There are some advantages to living in a hotel! If you’re the type that would rather stay at home than venture out into the city, you don’t have to go very far to get a bite to eat. At Rittenhouse Hotel, there are four dining venues to choose from:
- Lacroix at The Rittenhouse: This acclaimed fine dining restaurant is a AAA Four Diamond Award winner is helmed by Executive Chef Jon Cichon. The high-end restaurant serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner using locally sourced and seasonally superb ingredients year-round. The Lacroix also features Bar 210, an intimate lounge that’s considered one of the best bars in Center City. Bar 210 features fine and vintage wines, specialty cocktails, and light bites for those who don’t want a full dining experience.
- The Mary Cassatt Tea Room and Garden: Named after A.J. Cassatt’s sister, Mary, the tearoom is best known for its afternoon tea service. Featuring a selection of artisanal infusions and teas from around the world, the tea service also includes tea sandwiches, scones, and pastries, all using seasonal ingredients. If you want to step back in time and enjoy a moment of calm in the City of Brotherly Love, you’ll love Mary Cassat Tea Room.
- The Library Bar: A Rittenhouse Square staple, the Library Bar serves unique cocktails, wines, and rare spirits in a contemporary environment reminiscent of a library. Sit among the bookshelves that house rare and fine books on the history of both the United States and Philadelphia. And don’t forget to stay for dinner! The Library Bar features lighter bites and a charcuterie that is served alongside food and wine pairings that indulge your spirits.
- Scarpetta Rittenhouse: The newest member of the Rittenhouse Hotel family, Scarpetta is a truly elegant affair. The restaurant features well-known Italian dishes with a fine dining twist such as foie gras ravioli, fluke crudo, creamy polenta and braised short ribs, and some more familiar comfort dishes like spaghetti, cavatelli, and veal tenderloin. Yum!
Premium and Penthouse Units
Not only are all the condos spacious and present gorgeous views of the city below, but there are penthouse units available that feature fireplaces and large balconies to enjoy living on the top of the world. Each condo is pet-friendly and features a washer and dryer in each unit.
The Rittenhouse Hotel also offers 24-hour concierge service as well as valet parking. Don’t feel like driving? No worries! The Rittenhouse Hotel & Condominiums also feature a luxury Jaguar driver service for our residents, so you can relax while someone else deals with Philly traffic!
Why Live at the Rittenhouse Hotel?
But why should you choose the Rittenhouse Hotel over all other areas in the city?
Besides the amenities, great views, and high end lifestyle you’ll acquire? Well, let’s start with the neighborhood, Rittenhouse Square.
As one of Philadelphia’s most popular neighborhoods, Rittenhouse Square is the perfect location for the young urbanite. It features world-class dining, high-end boutiques, and a thriving nightlife. All you have to do is take a walk down Walnut Street to check out all the trendy shops along Rittenhouse Row, including the first location of Anthropologie!
But if you’re more into the food scene, then you are well aware of the superb dining that can be found along the Square. Venture from the Rittenhouse Hotel to grab a quick meal at Parc, or enjoy a Mexican feast at El Ray, or treat yourself a fine wagyu ribeye at Barclay Prime.
Rittenhouse Square is the perfect location for everyone — whether you work in the city or are going to school. Sitting squarely in Center City, you’ll be in walking distance of Philadelphia’s business district, some of the top universities in the county, and the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
If you’re a fan of the arts, then the Square is the place to be. Only a short distance on the JFK Parkway, You can visit some of the best cultural institutions that the City of Brotherly Love has to offer, such as the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Franklin Institute, and the Barnes Foundation. For music lovers, the Curtis Institute of Music, the Kimmel Center, and the Academy of Music are only a short distance away.
Maybe you’re a history buff. Then you’ve come to the right city! Only blocks away from Independence Hall, you can learn all about the founding of our country. Visit the Liberty Bell, learn all about the U.S. Constitution, and check out the Benjamin Franklin Museum. You can even walk the cobblestone streets our forefathers once walked!
And then, there’s the park itself. Named for astronomer and clockmaker David Rittenhouse, Rittenhouse Square Park was one of the five original public areas planned by Philadelphia’s founder William Penn and first Surveyor General Thomas Holme. The idea behind the park was a public square that Penn hoped the communities would gather and spend time outdoors in the city.
Located right in the heart of the city, Rittenhouse Square is a place to relax, catch up with friends, and maybe do a bit of painting or reading. The walkways throughout the park are diagonal, meeting in the central oval. In the park, you’ll find a plaza with a large planter bed and reflecting pool, classic urns, and ornamental lamp posts. In the middle of the plaza sits the famous Lion Crushing a Serpent sculpture by famous French sculptor Antoine-Louis Barye.
As you can see, Rittenhouse Square is a neighborhood full of culture, of luxury, and of excitement. If you want to live in the best neighborhood in the best city in the world, then now is the time to contact Maxwell Realty to learn more about 10 Rittenhouse Square.
Why Choose Living in a Luxury Condo Over a Home?
Still not convinced a condo is the right home for you? It’s understandable that you want a place of your home. But there are many benefits to living in a luxury condo vs. a home, such as:
- The financial burden is much lower. You won’t have to worry about paying extra taxes, mortgage payments, or maintenance costs.
- The amenities are much better. Will you have a swimming pool, luxurious gardens, or wine tasting rooms in your own home? Chances are slim.
- Less effort to maintain. You won’t have to worry about peeling paint, leaky roofs, broken windows, or pesty bugs, unlike living in a home.
- Cheaper insurance rates. Since you’ll only be insuring your possessions, condo insurance can be cheaper than homeowners insurance.
- More independence than renting. If you don’t want to buy a home but renting is too restrictive, then a condo is the right choice for you. It also allows you to build equity in case you do want to purchase a home down the line.
About Maxwell Realty
If you want to make the Rittenhouse Hotel your new home or want to learn more about the units available for sale, it’s time to call a Philadelphia luxury realtor at Maxwell Realty. With more than 50 years of experience and over $3 billion in real estate transactions, Maxwell Realty real estate agents will make the process seamless and stress-free. Our expert Philadelphia luxury home realtors have spent decades matching renters to their perfect luxury apartments.
It’s important to have the right realtor by your side when choosing a luxury home. You want one who has the skills, the experience, and the knowledge of the city to get you the best deal on your new home. And that person is Nancy Alperin. As Maxwell Realty’s CEO, Nancy is one of the most experienced and respected real estate brokers in Philadelphia. Learning everything she knows from her father, M. Max Alperin, Nancy founded Maxwell Realty Company, Inc. She not only a keen understanding of real estate, but a genuine passion for it.
Nancy believes in garnering client respect by listening to their needs and delivering results. Her in-depth knowledge of the Philadelphia real estate market, plus her ability to broker complicated deals with finesse enable her to navigate the most challenging aspects of buying, selling or leasing properties while making it all appear seamless.
A creative and forwarding-thinking executive, Nancy has helped Maxwell Realty Company, Inc. obtain the stellar reputation it enjoys today. Whether you’re looking for Center City apartments for rent, Rittenhouse homes for sale, or a Washington Square condo, no one will work harder to get you into the perfect home.
Ready to Call Rittenhouse Hotel Home?
If you’re interested in learning more about the Rittenhouse Hotel or want to know more about the luxury homes for sale in Rittenhouse Square, now is the time to pick up the phone and call (215) 546-6000. These units are going fast so the sooner you contact Maxwell Realty, the easier it will be to get into one of our fabulous luxury real estate properties.
Don’t hesitate a minute longer. Rittenhouse Square is calling your name. Contact Rittenhouse Square luxury realtors Maxwell Realty Company today. Welcome home!