Learn the Best Practices for Locating and Hiring the Best Philadelphia Realtor Near You
Hiring an experienced and high-performing realtor makes all the difference, whether you are in the market to buy or sell the property. With that being said, one of the most important steps in buying or selling property is determining how you are going to find the best Philadelphia realtor near you. We are Rittenhouse’s luxury realtor Maxwell Realty, LLC, and we have over 50 years of Philadelphia real estate experience. So here are some great tips to help steer your quest for a productive, talented realtor who meets your individualized needs and who delivers.
What is the Difference Between a Realtor and a Real Estate Agent?
“Realtor” and “real estate agent” are two terms that may be used interchangeably, when the credentials are present to do so.
- A realtor is a member of the National Association of Realtors (NAR) and must abide by the NAR Code of Ethics.
- Can work independently or hire agents to work with them, and assume liability for their hired counterparts.
- A real estate agent is a licensed individual who aids in selling and/or buying real estate. The Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission (PREC) grants licensure to potential agents.
- Must be employed by a broker; cannot be an independent identity.
Familiarize Yourself With Active Philadelphia Realtors and Cross-Reference Their Credentials and Performances
Knowing the differences between realtors is essential to determine who will be your Philadelphia realtor. This process will also give way to identifying your own buyer or seller values, what is most important to you, and what, if anything, is negotiable.
Compare realtors’ reviews on different internet platforms, newspapers, and by word of mouth. Investigate the realtors’ online presence in social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc) and see how they communicate. When you ask a question or want to learn more about a property, notice how promptly realtors reply, and what is offered in their replies.
Home buyers should determine which ZIP codes and neighborhoods they are most interested in; home sellers should seek real estate inquiry activity reports in the respective ZIP code. Explore the successful transactions, and what involvement your potential agent has in the neighborhood.
And always meet with at least three realtors before making your final decision.
Perform Your Own Needs Analysis to Expose What You are Seeking in Your Philadelphia Realtor
Being clear on what you want and what you need is essential. Only once that has been established can you move forward. Knowing what you don’t want helps in the search. Communicating your objectives to yourself facilitates the pathway to your realtor (and to your buy or sale!)
Analyzing your motives as a seller is important when determining representation. Ask yourself some of the following questions:
- Why are you selling?
- Where are you moving?
- How soon do you need to close?
- What home improvements have you made? What is in need of repair?
- Who is your competition? Know your neighborhood and how your home compares.
- Have you sold a home before? What did and did not work for you with your realtor in the past?
- How does your family feel about selling? Is everyone on board?
Analyzing your motives as a buyer is equally important when determining representation. Answer these questions before looking for a realtor near me:
- Why are you buying?
- Do you anticipate new additions to your family?
- Are you moving closer to work?
- Are you moving from a suburban home to city living?
- How soon do you need to close?
- What type of home do you want? How many bedrooms? How many bathrooms? Garage? Air conditioning? Energy Efficiency? Fireplace?
- What neighborhood do I want to live in? What are the area borders of where I do and where I do not want to live?
- What is my competition? Are there many similar homes being sold, and how long are they lasting on the market? Are the owners getting the asking price? What will it take for my bid to be the winner?
- How does my partner and or family feel about my buying? Do I have to come to a consensus with another party or am I the only decision-maker?
- What am I willing to forego if push comes to shove? For instance, you may opt to have one and a half bathrooms vs. 3 bathrooms.
Which Philadelphia Realtor Near You Delivers Superior Results to Your Particularized Needs?
How to choose a realtor is one of the most important pieces of buying or selling a home. Think of your realtor as an employee that you are aiming to hire. Your realtor is going to help govern many decisions, negotiations, and paperwork that will ultimately close your sale. You want the “Best Realtor,” and the best representation.
Interview your realtor. Ask them the following questions:
- How many sales have they closed in the last three months? In which neighborhoods?
- How long have the properties been on the market? Did the owners get their asking price?
- Was the buyer able to negotiate a deal?
- What is their commission for your sale?
- What is their experience with the properties in the neighborhood you wish to buy in or sell from?
Chemistry: connect, trust and execute! It is important to have good communication and to connect with your realtor.
Where Is the Best Realtor Near Me?
Philadelphia is robust with beautiful townhomes, condos, and apartments…the city is painted with old and new charm, and there is something for everyone. With this diverse, dynamic terrain, an exceptional Realtor can navigate the field and make your travels worthwhile.
You need someone who:
- Knows the city in and out. Knows the neighborhoods, knows the communities and knows its inhabitants.
- Knows how to steer your quest to find your home.
- Has resources for financing, repairs, remodeling, and contracting.
- Reminds you to stay on target for your needs vs. your wants (needs are absolutes; wants are “would be nice if’s…”).
- Is the supreme negotiator. Know how to take the big picture in, assess the current circumstances, and gets you the final product.
Is there a luxury realtor that is more familiar with the lifestyle and living space that you are seeking, or with the luxury property that you are selling?
You need Nancy Alperin. Maxwell Realty Company, Inc., hands-down.
50+ years of experience and a mission to deliver our clients a luxury buying, selling, or leasing experience. Maxwell Realty creates this experience with every interaction, from the first contact through closing and beyond. Maxwell Realty’s commitment to excellence has created a decades-long record of over $3 billion in real estate transactions in Philadelphia. Nancy Alperin has been recently featured in Mansion Global, combining her in-depth knowledge of Philadelphia real estate with her expertise on the international luxury real estate market.
When you are ready to buy, sell or lease the property of your dreams in Philadelphia, call Maxwell Realty Company, Inc. to begin your stress-free luxury real estate experience. We have what it takes to make your dreams a reality.