Are You Visiting Center City, Philadelphia?
Philadelphia is home to some of the world’s best dining establishments, most competitive sports teams, upscale shopping, art, and most importantly, history. In the center of it all is “Center City.” Right in the heart of Philadelphia, Center City spans from the Schuylkill River to the Delaware River to the west and east, and Spring Garden Street to South Street to the south and north.
With such a prime location, Center City has no shortage of things to do. Whether you’re looking for one of the city’s best restaurants or want to spend an afternoon museum hopping, Center City, Philadelphia has something to offer.
If you need help planning your day trip to Center City, Philadelphia, or just want some ideas that will get you out of your apartment— we’ve got you covered.
Let’s Eat in Center City!
A visit to Center City isn’t complete without a meal at one of the city’s best restaurants. This area is home to some of Philadelphia’s finest restaurants and hidden gems. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Barbuzzo. This Mediterranean kitchen and bar has an array of food that will make anyone’s mouth water. Choose from a list of wood-fired pizzas and well-designed charcuterie boards, and pair it with one of their unique cocktails and craft beers.
- El Vez. The eccentric Latin decor combined with outstanding classic Mexican entrees is one of the many reasons to head to El Vez. This is the perfect place for a celebration over incredible margaritas and “Mex-Eclectic Spirit”.
- Honeygrow. If you’re looking for a quicker meal that is still undeniably amazing, Honeygrow is the place. You can create your own stir-fry or salads, using fresh, locally grown ingredients.
What Should I See in Center City?
- Shops at Liberty Place. In between the Liberty Place towers, lies a brand new, sleek retail complex right in the business district of Philadelphia. There is a mix of shops, including Bloomingdales, Kiehls, and Swarovski; and food court favorites like Au Bon Pain and Master Wok. If you are looking for a day to mosey around and shop with more than 60 retailers, the Shops at Liberty Place is a great mall to check out.
- “Rocky Steps” at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. For anyone new to Philadelphia, the Rocky Steps are a must-see. You can jog up the steps for an iconic workout, take a photo with the Rocky Statue, and then head into the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- Kimmel Center for Performing Arts. If you’re looking for the perfect evening activity in Center City, check out the events at the Kimmel Center. It is home to the Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia, Opera Company of Philadelphia, American Theater Arts for Youth, and more. Watch a Broadway show, see the famous Philadelphia orchestra, or see the ballet at the cultural epicenter of the city.
- Please Touch Museum. Whether you have children, a niece or nephew, or are nannying, the Please Touch Museum is a must for all children to see. Here, a child learns the “power of learning through play” through engaging exhibits and programs aimed at strengthening early learning skills.
- Love Park. Conveniently located right near City Hall, Love Park’s well known Love Statue is a great photo opportunity. This area is filled with greenery, walking paths, a fountain, and great views of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway’s array of flags and the Philadelphia Museum of Art. You just may see a proposal happen here, too.
Check out Center City, Philadelphia Today
Whether you are a native to Philadelphia or just checking out Center City for the day, you are bound to find something exciting to do that works for the whole family. Philadelphia is a buzzing city, with an abundance of events, shopping, art, and restaurants.
If you are looking into condos for sale or homes for sale in Philadelphia, the realtors at Maxwell Realty will help you find your perfect spot right in Center City. Contact us today at (215) 546-6000 to learn more about Center City, Philadelphia and the incredible condos, apartments, and homes here.