If you are looking to sell your luxury property in Philadelphia or hoping to buy a new one, the first step will be finding a realtor in your neighborhood who can broker the best deal. But finding the right realtor can be difficult. Fortunately, Maxwell Realty can help.
Check out these tips on how to find a realtor in Philadelphia.
While you can pick up a phone book and look for realtors near you, it’s much easier to conduct a Google search for Philadelphia realtors.
From there, you will see Google Screened agents and you can directly click their profiles to visit their website, find their phone number, or read client testimonials.
There are also large real estate databases that allow you to review the profile of an agent or listing company and compare your options.
Get Recommendations From Others Who Have Bought or Sold Recently
Word of mouth is often one of the most effective ways to find a Philadelphia realtor. If you live in an apartment building or condominium, you likely already have some neighbors and friends who have been involved in the real estate process in the city.
Listen to their experiences, get as many recommendations as you can, then begin to narrow down your list.
Remember, you’ll want to target those who have been involved in the market or similar market you are looking to buy or sell in–so keep that in mind.
Look For Realtor Signs Throughout Philadelphia
We often think traditional forms of marketing don’t work as well as digital communications, but that simply isn’t true. Take a stroll around the neighborhood and see what realtor signs are posted–this will help you see who is well ingrained in the area and already appears to be trusted in the community.
What To Do When You’ve Found a Few Realtors
At this point, you’ve likely narrowed your list of potential realtors down; now it’s time to call them and connect. You may be able to set up a consultation with them and that is when you may get the most information.
When meeting with a prospective realtor, be sure to ask the following questions:
- What services do you primarily offer?
- Who do you mostly represent?
- How much experience do you have with buying/selling in this neighborhood?
- How long are homes on the market?
- What would you price my property?
- Do you think this property is worth the asking price?
- What marketing options do you use to sell a property?
- How do I pay you?
- Are there any disclosures I need to know upfront?
Remember, you can meet with a few agents to find the right one. You may find you get different answers–some for the better, and others not so much. But that’s how you’ll find the best agent for your selling and buying needs.
The Bottom Line When Finding a Realtor: Philadelphia Must-Haves
As you start to make connections, you may have one or two realtors you really like. Be sure that they can provide you with these must-haves:
- Full-time realtor: Not all realtors do this full-time. But when you are investing in the luxury market, you need someone who is there for you all the time, not just on a part-time basis.
- They are connected to the community: Your agent should know everyone in your market and know everything about it. If they don’t, you should probably move on.
- They need to be local: No one knows the neighborhood better than the people who live and work in it every day. If you find a large real estate company that has agents scattered throughout the state, you may be missing out on that local touch that can connect you to the best properties or selling opportunities.
Find a Realtor in Philadelphia at Maxwell Realty
If you’re hoping to find a new dwelling in Philadelphia or are hoping to sell your current property, let a Maxwell Realty agent help. We have helped Philadelphia apartment renters and homeowners find their perfect luxury Philly homes for more than 50 years, doing more than $3 billion in real estate transactions.
You’ve found your realtor in Philadelphia–call us today.