Welcome to 2012 Spruce Street, Rittenhouse Square
For luxury living within a restored Rittenhouse Square mansion, 2012 Spruce Street is calling you home. Perfect for the young professional looking to lay down roots, or the retiree who wants to live in the absolute best of historic Philadelphia, this Rittenhouse Square home is one you will not want to miss.
Contact our Rittenhouse Square realtor today to book a showing!
Schedule a showing!E-mail 215-546-6000
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Full baths
- 4 Levels
- 7,155 Square Feet
- 2 Off-Street Parking Spaces
- Forced Air
- Central A/C
- Natural Gas Heating/Hot Water
About 2012 Spruce Street in Rittenhouse Square
This opulent, restored Rittenhouse Square home is for sale now and boasts high end living with an appreciation for old world charm.
With over 7,000 square feet, featuring five bedrooms and five bathrooms, private parking spaces for two vehicles, and located within minutes of the most enviable neighborhood, this Rittenhouse Square home will not be on the market long.
To schedule a tour of 2012 Spruce Street, today, contact the Rittenhouse Square realtors of Maxwell Realty by calling (215) 546-6000. Be the envy of your social circle by calling Rittenhouse Square home.
Learn More About This Home
When it comes to Rittenhouse Square homes for sale, it is not often that you see one quite like 2012 Spruce Street. Built in the 1800s, the 7000 square foot mansion has museum caliber qualities that offers the ultimate in perfection, luxury, and elegance without compromise.
Enter 2012 Spruce Street in Rittenhouse Square through the arched French doors. Prepare to have your breath taken away when you walk through the first floor formal living room with 15 foot high ceilings, the most elegant crown molding, the most exquisite chandelier, and an ornate fireplace. With windows looking out onto Spruce Street, you can enjoy the hustle and bustle of Rittenhouse Square from the comfort of your living room.
Just off the main entrance is an outstanding dining room, with its own fireplace decorated with a seven foot plus mantle, hand painted ceilings, and two French doors leading out onto the terrace that overlooks a charming patio area. The warm tones of the room will leave guests awestruck as they take in the intricacies of this restored woodworking, only ever seen in museums. Further, the ornate cut windows illustrate the finer details of 2012 Spruce Street.
While 2012 Spruce Street in Rittenhouse Square is the pinnacle of historic Philadelphia architecture, it also embraces the modern by combining the best of the past and present in the kitchen.
Perfect for the master chef, the kitchen is complete with radiant heated floors, another fireplace, high end appliances, and ample counter space and cabinets for all your culinary and entertaining needs. Whether it’s dinner for two, or dinner for twenty, you can wine and dine all of your guests without fear of running out of room.
From the kitchen, there is a set of double doors that lead out to the patio, and access to the two-car gated parking area.
Ascend the ornate staircase, or utilize the sleek, contemporary stairs off the kitchen to the second floor of this majestic brownstone. This sun-filled level boasts the most exquisite main bedroom, complete with a fireplace, decorative plaster ceiling, and a dressing room with its own fireplace. For a spa treatment at home, the master suite also has its own bathroom with a marble bath.
2012 Spruce Street is a haven for the bookworm with our next room, the library. With restored wood carvings, a beautiful fireplace, and a south facing window and window seat, this is the perfect spot for your home study, or for you to pursue your own passions.
Levels three and four have four additional bedrooms, and three additional baths. Each room has the restored decorative plaster detail seen throughout the home as well as ample storage space.
If we were to summarize the feel of 2012 Spruce Street in Rittenhouse Square, it would be the Gilded Age meets modern luxury. With restored woodwork and hardwood floors, it truly is a gem in historic Philadelphia just minutes away from the best in dining, entertainment, and academia.
Living In Enviable Rittenhouse Square: Neighborhood Guide For Rittenhouse Square
As one of Center City’s most sought after and exclusive neighborhoods, it’s no surprise that it’s also home to one of the five original squares planned by city founder William Penn. Home to high-rise residences, luxury apartments, boutique shops, and the best in fine dining the City of Brotherly Love has to offer, Rittenhouse Square also offers peace and tranquility, something that is hard to find in a city of 1.582 million.
Why Buy a Home in Rittenhouse Square?
Ready to plunge into the Philadelphia real estate market but not sure what neighborhood fits your lifestyle? Learn more about what makes Rittenhouse Square real estate some of the hottest in Philadelphia.
Rittenhouse Square Offers Convenience and Comfort
One reason residents love Rittenhouse Square living is because of how conveniently located it is to the best in city life, work, and school.
2012 Spruce Street is just 0.2 miles from Rittenhouse Square Park, making it a short five-minute walk to peace and tranquility, yet so close to the lively nightlife.
Other key locations within a short distance from 2012 Spruce Street in Rittenhouse Square include:
- 0.6 miles to Rittenhouse Row (Business District)
- 0.3 miles to Schuylkill River Park
- 0.9 miles to the Kimmel Center
- 1 mile from the University of Pennsylvania
- 1.3 miles from Drexel University
- 1.1 miles from Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals
- 1.6 miles from the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- 0.8 miles to Avenue of the Arts cultural district
- 8.8 miles from the Philadelphia International Airport
Best in Public Transportation
It’s one thing to be in close proximity to your daily destinations, but what about those spots where you need public transportation? Rittenhouse Square offers the best transportation options with numerous routes to travel outside the neighborhood.
According to Philly Mag, the most common routes include:
- 30th Street Station: International transit station
- SEPTA Broad Street Line: City Hall, Walnut-Locust and Lombard-South stations
- SEPTA Market-Frankford Line: 15th Street station
- SEPTA Trolley Lines: 15th, 19th and 22nd Street stations
- PATCO Lindenwold Line: 15th-16th and Locust station
- SEPTA Bus Routes: 2, 4, 7, 9, 12, 16 (at City Hall), 17, 21, 31 (at City Hall and westbound on JFK Boulevard, one-half block north of the neighborhood), 33 (westbound on JFK Boulevard), 38 (westbound on JFK Boulevard), 40, 42, 44 (westbound on JFK Boulevard), 48 (westbound on Arch, one block north of the neighborhood), 124 (westbound on JFK Boulevard), 125 (westbound on JFK Boulevard).
Best In Philadelphia Shopping is Rittenhouse Row
Whether it’s where you work, or where you go for enjoyment, Rittenhouse Square has the best shopping all located along Rittenhouse Row.
With more than 200 dining, retail and cultural establishments, the shopping district is considered Philadelphia’s High Street shopping neighborhood, and spans from the Avenue of the Arts on Broad Street to 21st Street, between Spruce and Market Streets.
Here, residents and visitors alike can enjoy high-end stores to locally owned boutiques; intimate galleries and theaters; cafes; beer, wine and cocktail bars; and numerous restaurants for every eater.
Plenty to See and Do In Rittenhouse Square
For the best in entertainment and nightlife, there is plenty to see and do in Rittenhouse Square.
- Rittenhouse Square Park: If you are looking for an afternoon of relaxation and tranquility surrounded by the most unique sculptures, look no further than Rittenhouse Square Park. With iconic images like Lion Crushing a Serpent, Duck Girl, Billy, and the Evelyn Taylor Price Memorial Sundial, you’ll be immersed in nature while taking in some of the most celebrated casts in Philadelphia. Rittenhouse Square Park hosts a weekly Farmers Market, Fine Arts Show, and many other events that are entertaining to both tourists and residents of Philadelphia.
- Curtis Institute: Founded in 1924, the world-renown Curtis Institute sits just off of Rittenhouse Square and offers public performances throughout the year; including student solo and chamber music performances.
- Mutter Museum: For medical oddities and downright miracles, The College of Physicians of Philadelphia Mutter Museum is not for those with a weak stomach. Celebrating medical marvels, this is a must-visit if you call Rittenhouse Square home.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art: For artists and those who appreciate it, the Philadelphia Museum of Art is a must-see. With more than 240,000 pieces that include holdings of European, American, and Asian origin, the various forms of artwork you’ll find here include sculpture, paintings, prints, drawings, photographs, armor, and decorative arts.
- Verizon Hall: Located in the Kimmel Cultural Campus, Verizon Hall welcomes music lovers of all kinds. From Broadway productions to mainstream music, orchestras, and more, this is the place to go for an intimate concert setting.
Eat Your Way Through Rittenhouse Square Dining
If you’re a foodie looking for a new home, be sure to call a Rittenhouse Square realtor today! Finding a new and exciting place to dine is no problem at Rittenhouse Square with options from fine dining to food trucks, small cafes and bistros, to steakhouses, there is truly something for everyone.
Some of our favorite dining spots include:
- Parc Brasserie
- Barclay Prime
- The Dandelion
Rittenhouse Square Neighborhood Demographics
As your Rittenhouse Square realtor, we could go on for days with why it’s such a special place to live. But we know you may want to know more about the neighborhood and your neighbors!
According to Niche, Rittenhouse Square is one of the best places to live in Philadelphia. Receiving an A in its neighborhood report card, it is noted as one of the best neighborhoods for:
- Outdoor activities
- Health and fitness
Take a look at the demographics of your new Rittenhouse Square neighborhood.
- Population: 25,000+
- Located in Philadelphia County
- Dense, urban feel
- Young professionals
- Below national averages for crime
- College educated
- Voted Best in Public Schools in 2022
- Most residents are aged 25-34 and 65+
How Can A Rittenhouse Square Realtor From Maxwell Realty Help You?
If you are ready to call 2012 Spruce Street home (or any of our other Rittenhouse Square properties or Rittenhouse Square condos for sale) a Rittenhouse Square realtor from Maxwell Realty can help make your dreams a reality.
We will guide you through the Philadelphia luxury real estate market, making note of all the things that matter most to you. Then, we’ll help you find the perfect listing. Whether you are looking to buy a Washington Square home or rent a Center City condo, there is something for you in the City of Brotherly Love.
Finally, our Rittenhouse Square realtors will use their negotiating skills to make sure you get the best deal on your dream home in Rittenhouse Square. And, if you have another property in Philadelphia you’d like to sell or rent out, we can handle that too with our creative marketing practices and industry connections.
Our Philadelphia real estate agents have completed more than $3 billion in real estate transactions in Philadelphia. Let us handle your Rittenhouse Square real estate needs.
Our CEO Nancy Alperin is ready to take you on this home buying journey and has done so with so many others from business professionals, professional athletes, divorcees, students, and more.
The luxury real estate market is hot in Philadelphia and in Rittenhouse Square it’s on fire–so the time to buy is now through our Philadelphia real estate company!
If you’re ready to call 2012 Spruce Street in Rittenhouse Square home, connect with Maxwell Realty today for a tour. Call us today at 215-546-6000 or connect with us online. If you’re interested in any other Philadelphia homes for sale or Philadelphia apartments for rent, check out our available listings on our featured properties page.
About Maxwell Realty
Whether you are new to the City of Brotherly Love or are looking for a luxury home or condominium in a different neighborhood, Nancy Alperin, CEO and owner of Maxwell Realty is here to help. Having sold more than $3 billion of real estate, she is one of the most highly sought after Philadelphia luxury real estate brokers and is one of the most requested Rittenhouse Square realtors.
Not only does Nancy know Philadelphia real estate after learning the business from her father, Philadelphia real estate mogul Maxwell Alperin, but she also lives here with her family, too. This helps her keep her finger on the pulse of the luxury real estate market in Rittenhouse Square and throughout Philadelphia, making her a true asset to the buyer, seller, or renter.
Maxwell Realty has been helping buyers, sellers, renters, and investors find their perfect homes in some of Philadelphia’s hottest neighborhoods, including Rittenhouse Square, for more than 50 years, and we want to do the same for you.
To call 2012 Spruce Street, Rittenhouse Square home, contact Nancy today at 215-546-6000 or contact us online.