What to Do in Philadelphia During July
Philadelphia in the summer is marked by Independence Day, and this holiday is especially unique to the area given Philadelphia’s rich history. The summer-time in Philly is always a reminder of celebrating the first-rate homes of all our clients at Maxwell Realty, since so many residents enjoy the city views, activities, entertainment, and celebrations all throughout the summer. This is the time of the year when Philadelphia realtor Nancy Alperin, and her clients, current and past, get to celebrate their residences with the backdrop of magnificent fireworks – and with superior views to do so.
It does not start just there. Philadelphia celebrates July 4th with festivities across town–for example, Wawa’s Welcome America celebration runs from June 19th through July 4th and leaves no stone unturned! There are exciting activities for the entire family during the summer months, especially July, and I’m here to give you a little insight into what is planned.
July in Philadelphia
Talk about FREE CONCERTS!
- “Party on the Parkway’s” headliners Ava Max, Jason DeRulo and Tori Kelly
- River Casino’s” Party on the Pier” with Canada’s Elton John tribute band, “Elton Rohn”
- Philly POPs orchestra on Independence mall, with 3-time Grammy singer/songwriter Robert Shaw
- US Army’s Field Band and Chorus concert on the Delaware Waterfront
- Esperanza Art Center’s Argentinian pianist Emiliano Messiez, his quartet and a Latin festival
- Gospel on Independence Plaza with “Dance4life,” recognized for performances at Joe Biden’s inauguration
Fun for the Family? FREE MUSEUM DAYS!
- Visit the historic Rittenhouse Homestead, the Rittenhouse family’s first home, by the Wissahickon trails
- Relish art collections at the world renown Rodin Museum, Barnes Foundation, Philadelphia Museum of Art and Philadelphia Academy of Fine Art.
- View the Free Library of Philadelphia’s Rare Book Collection
- Check out medical oddities and specimens at the College of Physicians’ famous Mutter Museum
- Wear bright colors and interact with butterflies at Philadelphia’s Insectarium and Butterfly Pavilion
- Get a history lesson at America’s “most hands-on history museum” at the National Constitution Center, and the National Liberty Museum
- Explore cultures at the nation’s first African American Museum, the American Swedish National Museum, and the Weizman National Museum of Jewish History
- Checkout The Neon Museum’s preservation of historic signs
- Tour Fireman Hall Museum’s preserved history in the heart of Philly’s Olde City
Time to Celebrate! FIREWORKS EXTRAVAGANZA!
- July 1st – Expressions of Freedom Waterfront Fireworks at Cherry Street Pier – Olive Dance Theatre and We the People host dance and spoken word performances before the dazzling fireworks over the Delaware River and majestic Ben Franklin Bridge
- July 2nd – Fireworks on Penns’ Landing with the Pershing Own live concert
- July 2nd & July 3rd – Phillies/Cardinals baseball game mega blast fireworks – largest firework shows in stadium history!
- July 3rd – River’s Casino hosts “Party on the Pier” with family-friendly games, DJs, food trucks, Canada’s Elton John impersonator,” Elton Rohn” and fireworks over the Delaware River!
- July 4th – “Party on the Parkway” includes pony rides, petting zoos, and festivities with headliners Ava Max and Jason DeRulo, to conclude with superb July 4th fireworks finale against the backdrop of Philadelphia’s breathtaking Art Museum!
And there is so much more — fashion shows, movie screenings (including Rocky on the Art Museum steps!), Wawa’s free hoagies day, a 4th of July parade, and the Argentine Tango School’s performances and instructional lessons, to name just a few.
Philadelphia Real Estate Leaves No Stone Unturned
Maxwell Realty encourages its Philadelphia residents and inquirers to partake in the festivities, and to take in the best in-house Philadelphia luxury apartment views for Penn’s Landing fireworks! Our residents are short steps away from River Casinos “Party on the Pier” and the prized Penn’s Landing fireworks. “Party on the Parkway” concludes with the July 4th fireworks finale against the backdrop of Philadelphia’s breathtaking Art Museum.
Maxwell Realty’s Riverwalk Philadelphia residents, along the Schuylkill Banks, have first-class seats to what travelchannel.com regards as one the top five places in the United States to watch America’s 4th of July fireworks! If you live in a Philadelphia condo or house with a view, you are sure to see some of the best fourth of july displays in all of the country.
High end realtor Nancy Alperin’s Rittenhouse residents have a short walk to the Schuylkill Banks bridge, and can enjoy an intimate view of what MSN ranks as the most spectacular 4th of July fireworks in America. Maxwell Realty is proud that our Philadelphia homeowners and residents always have the best ticket in town — we would not have it any other way!
A Philadelphia Realtor on Your Side
If you are looking for a house for sale in Philadelphia, condo for sale in Philadelphia, or even an apartment for sale in Philadelphia, let the luxury realtors at Maxwell Realty area ready to help you find your perfect home. We offer a variety of listings in Philadelphia real estate, including in the desirable neighborhoods of Rittenhouse Square, Washington Square, Society Hill, Pennsport, Center City, South Philadelphia, Northern Liberties and beyond.
Contact a Philadelphia realtor today to schedule a free consultation or tour at (215)546-6000 or fill out a contact form today. One of our experienced real estate agents will contact you right away to help you start your home-buying process.